Hydrology Career Scope in Pakistan Jobs Opportunities salary requirements guideline for courses admissions and top future field in life to choice in Hydrology degree. Hydrology is the scientific study of the movement, distribution, and quality of water on Earth and other planets, including the water cycle, water resources and environmental watershed sustainability.
The study of water, including its properties, distribution, and transport. The Hydrologist is an expert on the physical and chemical properties of water and its interaction with other substances. He studies the distribution, flow, currents, and composition of underground and surface water. He is also knowledgeable about the processes of evaporation, precipitation, runoff, and glaciation.
He can work with Civil Engineers to address issues with water supply, erosion, irrigation, snow pack, and flood control. In the future related skills can specialize in the other types of liquids commonly found on planetary bodies, such as liquid methane.
You can become a hydrologist with just a bachelor’s degree, but if you want to advance beyond an entry-level position, you will have to earn at least a master’s degree. Your degree must be in hydrology, or in Geoscience, environmental science or engineering with a concentration in hydrology or water sciences.
Hydrology is the study of water. Water is one of our most important natural resources. Without it, there would be no life on earth. Hydrology has evolved as a science in response to the need to understand the complex water systems of the Earth and help solve water problems.
Hydrology Career Scope in Pakistan Jobs Opportunities
- Civil Engineering CADD Designer / Draftsman / Analyst
- Civil Engineering CADD Designer / Draftsman
Duties of Hydrologists
Hydrologists typically do the following:
- Measure the properties of bodies of water, such as volume and stream flow
- Collect water and soil samples to test for certain properties, such as the pH or pollution levels
- Analyze data on the environmental impacts of pollution, erosion, drought, and other problems
- Research ways to minimize the negative impacts of erosion, sedimentation, or pollution on the environment
- Use computer models to forecast future water supplies, the spread of pollution, floods, and other events
- Evaluate the feasibility of water-related projects, such as hydroelectric power plants, irrigation systems, and wastewater treatment facilities
- Prepare written reports and presentations of their findings