MDCAT 2020 Weightage and Criteria for Entry Test complete procedure guide. Medical & Dental College Admission Test (MDCAT) is a MBBS and BDS degrees admissions conducted test in Pakistan each year. MDCAT is conducted by University of Health Sciences (Lahore) in the Punjab. Previously, its name was Medical College Admission Test (MCAT). Each year some 56,000 students attempt this test while there are some 3400 seats in public sector medical colleges and some 200 seats in public sector dental colleges of the Punjab. As per the Regulations of Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC), it is mandatory to appear in the Entrance Test of Punjab for admission to any medical/dental college of the province.
MDCAT is a pre-requisite for admission in all medical and dental colleges both public and private sector in the Punjab. MDCAT is taken as multiple choice questions (MCQ). Each MCQ carries 5 marks while there is a negative marking of -1 mark for wrong answer.
MDCAT 2020 Weightage and Criteria for Entry Test
- Intermediate Science (HSSC/F.Sc-Pre-Medical Group) or Equivalent Examination
- Securing at-least 60% (660/1100), unadjusted marks (excluding the marks of Hifz-e-Quran etc.).
- Equivalence Certificate (if foreign qualifications such as A-Level or American 12th Grade)
WHO CAN APPLY
- The candidates having domicile of any district of Punjab and Federal Capital Area (Islamabad), Azad Jammu & Kashmir and Province of Gilgit-Baltistan (Northern Area).
- Dual nationals of Pakistani origin must take the Entrance Test (If they have not passed SAT II examination with a minimum score of 550 marks in each science subject i.e., Biology, Chemistry and Physics / Mathematics) for admission against seats reserved for them under Pakistan Technical Assistance Programme (PTAP) and Self- Finance Scheme (SFS).
READ IT YOU NEED IT
I.The candidates must reach their respective centres at-least one hour before the commencement of the test on 20 August, 2017 (i.e. before 08:00 am). The centres will be sealed/closed at 08:15 am.
II.The candidates must bring the following three documents with them on the test day without which they will not be allowed to sit the test:
1. Admittance Card issued by the University;
2. Duly Stamped “Candidate’s Copy” of the application form
3. Original CNIC/B-Form of the candidate.
III.The Mobile Numbers and E-mail address provided in the online Application Form should be entered correctly and they should be functional in all ways as the SMS and E-mail alerts regarding allotted Roll Numbers and Examination Centres shall be sent to these mobile numbers and E-mail addresses.
IV.For any query/complaint regarding the online registration, please contact BankIslami (Pvt) Ltd at their helpline (042-35870351, 042-35713165, 042-35760142).