Supply Chain Management SCM Introduction Career Scope in Pakistan Jobs Opportunities Requirements salary special courses guideline for Man, Woman, (Male, Female) along with test pattern selection procedure qualification complete information to start and choice Supply Chain Management SCM career in Pakistan for better future in Life. Supply chain management (SCM) is the broad range of activities required to plan, control and execute a product’s flow, from acquiring raw materials and production through distribution to the final customer, in the most streamlined and cost-effective way possible.
The SCM expert can obtain work in all the areas mentioned above. It seems that SCM is a very simple field, but in real life it is the most difficult field of management science that involves the aforementioned processes. Its field much wider than simple marketing. Due to the complex nature of this field, very few students choose this field. I admit that it is a complex administration field, but at the same time more rewarding.
- Certificate Course
- One Year Diploma
- Associate Degree in SCM
- BS in SCM
- MSc in SCM
- Executive MBA
- MBA Supply Chain Management
- MS/M.Phil in SCM
Supply Chain Management is one of the most popular and important field of management sciences. Its a field which deals with the moving of a product from producer to customer. Its a complex chain which starts from production and ends on disbursement. Following processes are involved in SCM
Purchasing of raw material
- Converting the raw material into finish one
- Quality assurance
- Warehousing of finished product
- Customer service
- Demand planning
- Supply planning
- Supply Chain management
Core Topics or Subjects in MBA Supply Chain Management
Following core topics are taught in MSc, MS, PGD or MBA Supply Chain Management.
- Managing Supply Chains
- Supply Chain Modeling
- Purchasing and Sourcing Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Warehouse Management
- Supply Chain Finance
- Quality Assurance in SCM
- Supply Chain Strategies
- Research Methodologies
- Operational Accounting
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Forecasting in Supply Chain
- Logistics Management
Supply Chain Management SCM Introduction Career Scope in Pakistan
MBA Supply Chain Management Jobs, Career Scope & Super Tips
- Its field for hardworking and innovative individuals.
- This field can help you a lot in launching your own business later on after getting some experience in the field.
- No reputed company allows his SCM employees to leave the company. They are given extra annual increment than the other regular employees.
- Its a one and only field of management science, where you can get experience from production to marketing.
- A person who have great dreams in life must study supply chain management.
- If your specialization in MBA was not SCM, still you must get Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in SCM. It will help you a lot in your future career.
- If you have interest in this field then even a Post Graduate Diploma is enough for you for a successful career, but stay in touch with the changing trends and researches.
- Never change your organization at least before 2 years in spite of getting better offer from any other company. This practice will make your profile more attractive for your future employers.
- You must have dream in life to become an entrepreneur, so plan your career from very beginning. Make your short term and long term plans. You must take deep interest in all the fields of SCM. It will make you a multidimensional employee.
- A graduate in SCM can get job in almost all sections of different industries, but you will not be given a desk job at least in your initial career or without having postgraduate degree.
- Take SCM as your passion in life at least in first decade of your professional career. It will help you in understanding all the aspects of this great field.
- Never share your future plans with any one till the final success.
MBA Supply Chain Management is the most recommended degree due to its great scope and demand in local & international job markets. In commerce, supply-chain management, the management of the flow of goods and services, involves the movement and storage of raw materials, of work-in-process inventory, and of finished goods from point of origin to point of consumption.