Water Engineering Career Scope in Pakistan Opportunities Jobs Salary Requirements Education Review with guideline for admissions, courses, professional experience programs and income details to choice and start career in Water Engineering field. Water engineer is a generic title given to engineers who specialist in water-based projects; many have a civil engineering or environmental background. This involves repairing, maintaining and building structures that control water resources, e.g. sea defence walls, pumping stations and reservoirs.
Water engineering is a branch of engineering that is concerned with the management of the environment and natural resources, in this case water, placing particular attention to the biological, chemical and physical reactions. In this way, water engineers are able to create mechanisms in which the water supply can be sustained in the community to protect the ecosystems and improve the general environment.
Soil and Water Resources Engineering. Soil is the thin skin covering the land; clean water is becoming more valuable every day. Soil water relations, evapotranspiration, precipitation, runoff, erosion, flow in natural waterways and through reservoirs, wetland and groundwater hydrology, and water quality.
Water Engineering Career Scope in Pakistan Opportunities Jobs Salary Requirements
How to become a Water Engineer
To become a water engineer, F.Sc.(Pre-Engineering) is required, to qualify for an undergraduate’s program in civil engineering, or any field of engineering. The field requires you to be good in Mathematics and Physics especially in High School and College.
- Earn a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Four Years)
- Earn a Master’s Degree in Water Systems Engineering (Two Years)
- Establish State Licensure in Environmental Engineering (Timeline Varies)
- Gain Practical Experience in the Field (One to Four Years)
Nature of Work
Hydrological engineering, also called water resources engineering, is a civil engineering specialty offered at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Hydrological engineering is chiefly concerned with the flow and storage of water. Water engineering careers are numerous and extensive. However, all together they focus on five key aspects as detailed below.
- River Basin Development: this area deals with the enhancement of various rivers is terms water quality and sanitation in order to benefit to the society as well as dealing with water problems.
- Coastal Engineering and Port Development: This section deals with the design and management of various water systems in coastal regions.
- Land and Water Development: Deals with the managing of water and land resources as well as the various developments involved on land and water
- Hydrology and Water Resources: Deals with Ensuring that the hydrological cycle is better understood.
There are various excellent institutions in Pakistan. They help the students to gain theoretical and practical experience in this field. Water engineer is a generic title given to engineers who specialise in water-based projects; many have a civil engineering or environmental background. This involves repairing, maintaining and building structures that control water resources, e.g. sea defence walls, pumping stations and reservoirs.