Opportunities for a career in agronomy in Pakistan, including job descriptions, salary information, and job scope, are provided in this comprehensive resource for individuals at all levels of experience. We really hope that our comprehensive guide will be of great use to you. Agronomy is a subfield of agricultural science that focuses on the investigation of plant life as well as the environments in which plants are able to thrive. Agronomists are responsible for the development of techniques that aim to optimize the use of land and boost agricultural output, including the production of food and fiber crops.
Agronomy is the science and technology behind the successful cultivation and management of crop plants, as well as the harvesting of those plants for use as food, fuel, fiber, and other products.
This includes items such as sunflower, maize, grain, sugar-stick, peanuts, cotton, potatoes, and search, among others. Agronomy is the examination and application of science, nature, earth science, and genetic traits in a coordinated manner.
Nature of Work Agronomists
- To achieve the most economical output while minimizing environmental damage, develop and implement production methods.
- Apply soil and plant science knowledge to crop production to address some of the most difficult issues that
- humanity is currently experiencing, including the abundant production and supply of nutrient-rich food, feed, fiber, fuel, and even pharmaceutical crops through the wise use of natural resources and conservation measures.
- assist farmers in making better use of their land and make recommendations for ways to boost output.
assist in resolving or avoiding issues with crops and soil.
- An agronomic is in charge of choosing the best crop and putting the finest harvesting practices into practice to guarantee the highest quality crop yield.
- Other responsibilities include crop planting, crop irrigation, harvest protection, crop rating, and soil preparation.
Agronomy Career Opportunities in Pakistan Scope Jobs Income Salaries
||Agronomists are employed by
The study and technology of growing and using plants for food, fuel, fiber, and land reclamation together constitute agronomy. Today’s definition of agronomy includes study in soil science, meteorology, plant physiology, and genetics of plants. If you would want to contribute, please do so in the section below.
What is agronomy in Pakistan?
The field of agronomy is broad and includes knowledge on all facets of crop production and soil management. The department is aggressively promoting a set of techniques to boost crop productivity, quality, and profit through effective resource base exploitation.
Scope of Agronomy in Pakistan
Pakistan has abundant natural resources that span many biological and climatic zones, making it well-suited to produce a wide range of food products. Agriculture contributes significantly to economic growth both directly and indirectly. Although agronomists do a wide range of tasks, “crop doctor” is the best way to describe what they do. They are interested in the health and welfare of the crops.
It is a science that aids in world food production. They are knowledgeable in a variety of subjects, including chemistry, biology, economics, soil science, ecology, and genetics. In the field of agronomy, there are office occupations as well as management positions in addition to field jobs.
Agronomist Salary in Pakistan
Agronomists in Pakistan make an average annual salary of approximately 97,300 Pakistani Rupees (PKR). The lowest starting salary is 45,700 PKR, while the highest starting salary is 154,000 PKR.
Top Universities Offering Agronomy in Pakistan
The Bachelor of Science in Agriculture Program at most universities will let you specialize in agronomy. A separate major in agronomy can only be found at a select few academic institutions. On the other hand, the scope and potential outcomes are same in both of these scenarios. The most prestigious educational institutions that offer agronomy are listed below.
- Faisalabad University of Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences
- The Islamia University Of Bahawalpur
- Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan
- Lasbela University Of Agriculture, Water And Marine Sciences, Uthal
- Muhammad Nawaz Sharif University Of Agriculture
- University Of Sargodha
- Pir Mahar Ali Shah Arid Agriculture University, Rawalpindi
- The University Of Agriculture, Peshawar
- Sindh Agriculture University Tando Jam
- Gomal University, D.I. Khan
- Have the ability to communicate in a straightforward and succinct manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Because one must labor in agricultural settings, fields, and forests, two of the most crucial skills that a person
- can possess are an interest in nature and the ability to maintain physical stamina.
- A comprehension of the fundamental concepts behind a business
- Capability to put statistical methods into practice
- The ability to utilize computers to assess data and control the processing of biological and chemical data.