Biomedical Engineering Career Scope in Pakistan Jobs Opportunities Salary requirements guideline with future plan admissions, courses income procedure information get here at from. Biomedical engineering is a broad major that encompasses mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, materials engineering, biology, computer science, and computer engineering. It’s about using all these disciplines and applying the knowledge to the human body.
Biomedical Engineering is the utilization and improvement of inventive innovations in the field of solution and wellbeing sciences. Better and productive machines and instruments are created for better finding, medical procedure and gadgets for the welfare of humanity.
Biomedical Engineers likewise create fake organs, for example, automated hands, mechanical legs, listening device, and counterfeit appendages for the individuals who have lost their valuable organs in any mischance or because of any sickness.
What do biomedical engineers do?
- Design and build machinery used in hospitals and laboratories
- Develop machines and devices to examine the health of individuals
- Develop devices and sensors to measure blood chemistry, such as iron, hemoglobin, sugar and sodium.
- Design and Develop artificial organs for example pace maker, artificial legs, robotic hand etc..
- Work on stem cell engineering and the 3-D printing of biological organs
- Design the instruments and devices for the therapeutic uses for example the device for the eye surgery.
Biomedical Engineering Career Scope in Pakistan Jobs Opportunities
Scope of Biomedical Engineering in Pakistan
Extent of biomedical designing is restricted in Pakistan. Number of openings for work is less. Yet, with the headways in the calling in Pakistan and new doctor’s facilities and analytic research centers being worked in each city of Pakistan, the interest of the inventive apparatuses, innovation and hardware is expanding step by step which will build the open doors for bio-therapeutic specialists.
Education and Eligibility Criteria
4years BSc Engg. degree is offered for Biomedical engineering. B.Tech Biomedical Technology and Diploma in Associate Engineering is also offered in Pakistan for those who have low marks.
- FSc Pre-medical or Pre-engineering
- 60% Marks in Matric and FSc
- Entry Test
Job For Biomedical Engineering:
- Medical Equipment Manufacturing firms
- Cellular, tissue and genetic industry
- Bio-material industry
- Medical imaging industry
- Orthopedic industry
Related fields of Bio-Medical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- B.Tech or BS Technology in Biomedical Technology
After completing degree in any of the above fields, student can enter into bio-medical industry or also can go for MS in Biomedical Engineering.
Duties of Biomedical Engineers
Biomedical engineers typically do the following:
- Design biomedical equipment and devices, such as artificial internal organs, replacements for body parts, and machines for diagnosing medical problems
- Install, adjust, maintain, repair, or provide technical support for biomedical equipment
- Evaluate the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of biomedical equipment
- Train clinicians and other personnel on the proper use of biomedical equipment
- Research the engineering aspects of the biological systems of humans and animals with life scientists, chemists, and medical scientists
- Prepare procedures, write technical reports, publish research papers, and make recommendations based on their research findings
- Present research findings to scientists, nonscientist executives, clinicians, hospital management, engineers, other colleagues, and the public
Universities for Bio-medical Engineering in Pakistan
About 15 universities in Pakistan are offering BSc Biomedical Engineering Degree. Best options include NED UET, Karachi, Mehran UET Jamshoro, Riphah International University.