Chemical Engineering Career Opportunities in Pakistan Scope Jobs Salary requirements information with complete guideline of admissions, courses complete details here mentioned. Chemical Engineering is the branch of engineering which deals with the study of design and operation of chemical plants and methods of improving production.
Chemical engineering is a discipline influencing numerous areas of technology. In broad terms, chemical engineers conceive and design processes to produce, transform and transport materials — beginning with experimentation in the laboratory followed by implementation of the technology in full-scale production.
Chemical Engineers develop economical commercial processes to convert raw material into useful products. It also deals with treatment of waste materials from the industries and house to better protect the environment. It covers various fields of chemical technology in mineral based industries, petrochemical plants, pharmaceuticals, synthetic fibers, petroleum refining plants etc.
Chemical Engineers Work:
- Develop large scale industrial plants
- Research on new techniques to develop better quality products, with less cost and efficiency
- Improve processing techniques to produce better quality food products
- Develop synthetic fibers, drugs, refining petroleum products,
- Develop solutions to environmental problems, such as pollution control and remediation.
Chemical Engineering Career Opportunities in Pakistan
Job Market for Chemical Engineering:
- Chemical industries and Factories
- Gas and oil extraction industries
- Oil refining companies
- Plastic and metals industries
- Mineral Process industries
- Pakistan Ordinance Factory
- Nuclear industries
- Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission
- Power generation industries
- Manufacturing industries
- Food and drink industries
Chemical Engineering Scope in Pakistan:
Number of job opportunities in Pakistan is limited, and it is hard in the start of the career to find a suitable place. But once you find a job, it offers good salary packages. Salary of Chemical engineers ranges from 25 thousands to 120,000 per month in Pakistan.
In addition to traditional careers in the chemical, energy and oil industries, chemical engineers can also find increasing opportunities in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and environmental engineering.
- Minimum 60% Marks Matric
- 60% Marks in FSc Pre-Engineering
- Entry Test
- DAE Or B.Tech degree holders can also apply
List of universities offering Chemical Engineering in Pakistan with their fee structure, deadline and other details may be found here.
Chemical Engineering is a major field. It has many branches. Universities also offer 4 year degrees in related branches of chemical engineering. So if you cannot get admission in chemical engineering, then you can seek admission in the following programs
- Petroleum Engineering
- Polymer and Petrochemical
- Materials Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Food Processing Engineering
- Mining and Mineral Processing Engineering
- Textile Engineering
- B.Tech or BS Technology in Chemical or Related Fields
Many Engineering universities like UET Lahore are also offering BS Technology degree programs in all fields of engineering and technology. This option is for those, who have low marks and are interested to make a career in engineering or technical fields.
Although B.Tech/BS Technology degree holders are employed as technicians and assistants of BSc Engg degree holders, but it could also be a good choice to enter into chemical industry if you have low marks. Also many BS Technology degree holders find very good opportunities in middle Eastern countries.
Chemical engineering is a branch of engineering that uses principles of chemistry, physics, mathematics, and economics to efficiently use, produce, transform, and transport chemicals, materials, and energy.