Civil Engineering Career Scope in Pakistan Jobs Opportunities salary requirements guide line complete about courses admissions complete information get here through. Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works such as roads, bridges, canals, dams, airports, sewerage systems, pipelines, and railways.
Civil Engineering deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical structures, including roads, bridges, buildings, dams, railways and airports. It is the oldest branch of engineering.
Civil engineering is one of the oldest engineering disciplines because it deals with constructed environment including planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of building structures, and facilities, such as roads, railroads, airports, bridges, harbors, channels, dams, irrigation projects. All areas of building and constructing a structure fall under the work of a civil engineer including planning, design, budgeting, surveying, construction management and analysis.
What do Civil Engineers do?
- Plan and design the project by analyzing the survey reports and other data
- Plan the project by estimating costs, safety procedures, Government rules, and other factors.
- Test soils to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations
- Test and determine the ebst building materials, such as concrete or steel
- Provide cost estimates for materials, equipment, or labour to determine a project’s economic feasibility
- Use design software to plan and design all the elements of a building or a project ie transportation systems, hydraulic systems, and structures
- Contractors and consultants companies
- Buildings and construction companies
- Airports industry
- Bridges industry
- Highways agencies
- Railway industry
- Environmental industry
- Geotechnical companies
- Coastal and marine industries
- Energy and power plant industries
- Tunneling industry
- Water and public health companies
Civil Engineering Career Scope in Pakistan Jobs Opportunities
Civil Engineering Scope:
Scope of Civil engineers is very high in Pakistan. Demand is getting higher and higher with the increasing investment in housing projects and town schemes like Bahria Town, DHA and other societies.
In addition to these, CPEC and other big foreign projects have increased the demands of new buildings, airports, transportation and roads infrastructure which is directly linked with Civil Engineering. Average Salary of a civil engineer in Pakistan with a bachelor degree and minimum 5-7 years experience is PKR: 110,000/-.
- Minimum 60% Marks in FSc Pre-Engineering
- Passing Entry Test
- Merit ranges from 74% to 80%
- DAE Or B.Tech degree holders can also apply
- Merit in High ranked institutes in normally close to 80%
Top Universities in Pakistan
- UET, Lahore.
- UET, Taxilla
- NED UET Karachi
- UET Peshawar
For List of all Civil Engineering Universities in Pakistan, Please click here
Related Fields of Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering is a very broad field. It has many sub-fields or branches and many universities in Pakistan are offering BSc engg degree in the branches of Civil Engineering. So due to high merit of if you cannot get admission in Civil engineering, then you may also consider the Following is the list of related programs
- Building & Architectural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Construction Engineering & Management
- Water Resources Engineering & Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Geological Engineering
- Urban & Regional Planning
- Water Resource Management
- Architectural Engineering (Somehow related)
How to Become a Civil Engineer
There are four types of degrees that lead to chemical engineering
- BSc Engg in Civil Engineering
- BSc Engg in Building, Transportation, Geological, and Architectural Engineering
- B.Tech in Civil Technology
- DAE in Civil Technology and /or related fields