Marine Engineering Career Scope in Pakistan Opportunities Jobs Salary requirements complete guideline with admissions, courses, special subjects for start and choice Marine Engineering as per career in future with better income sources. Marine engineers are skilled individuals involved in the design, construction and maintenance of vehicles and structures used on or around water. Marine engineering technology and techniques are used to create cruise ships, oil platforms and harbors.
Marine Engineering is the study of design, development and improvement of machinery that can be used at sea and in waters. Marine Engineering is a branch of mechanical engineering.
It includes the desiging and development of boats, ships, submarines, oil rigs and any other marine structure.
What do Manufacturing Engineers do?
- Marine Engineers design and develop ships, ship machinery, submaries and boarts,
- Install ship machinery and related equipment
- Conduct environmental, operational, or performance studies and tests to develop designs for marine engines.
- Oversee testing, installation, and repair of marine machinery and equipment.
- They may also procure materials needed to repair marine equipment and machinery.
Marine Engineering Career Scope in Pakistan Opportunities Jobs Salary
Manufacturing engineers are employed by almost every type of industry that has an end product. You can find opportunities in:
- Pakistan Navy
- Private and Commercial Marine Transport
- Merchant Navy
- Naval Workshops
- Engineering Colleges
- Research & Development Wings of Navy and Passenger Shipping Comapnies
- Oil Tankers & Oil Tankers Manufacturing Companies
- Transport Shipping Companies
- Cruise Ships and Cruise Ships Manufacturing Units
- Ships Manufacturing Companies
- Submarine, Warships and Their Manufacturing Companies
- Oil Rigs
- Deep sea, coastal, and great lakes water transportation
Scope of Marine Engineering in Pakistan
Scope of Marine Engineering is limited in Pakistan. Pakistan Navy is one of the major employers. But it is also true we lack quality human resource in the field of Marine Engineering. Also with CPEC, the opportunities are expected to grow more as majority of the sea trade in the world will shift to this region once CPEC is fully complete and optional.
Also the opportunities for Marine Engineers are expected to grow over 17% in the next decade which is more than double of the average expected growth of all careers. There is an increasing need for ships and systems which can transport energy products (like liquefied natural gas) all around the world, which will require more marine engineers and naval architects.
How to Become a Marine Engineer
There are four routes to become a Marine Engineer
- Join Pakistan Navy after Intermediate for Naval engineering course
- Complete a degree in Marine Engineering
- Complete a BSc Engg degree in Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech or DAE in Mechanical Technology and Related fields
Marine engineers and naval architects design, build, and maintain ships, from aircraft carriers to submarines and from sailboats to tankers. Marine engineers are responsible for the internal systems of a ship, such as the propulsion, electrical, refrigeration, and steering systems.