Social Work Field Career Opportunities in Pakistan Scope Jobs Requirements Salary guideline for admissions, courses, programs, professional training scheme and income details to start and choice Social Work field courses in Pakistan. Social work is an academic discipline and profession that concerns itself with individuals, families, groups and communities in an effort to enhance social functioning and overall well-being. Social work developed in the 19th century, with roots in voluntary philanthropy and grassroots organizing.
Social work has to do with the promotion of social changes and to solve problems of human and environmental relations. This field focuses on the liberation of individuals, speaks about empowerment and focuses on the well-being of people. This field is linked to development work in which a group of people work together on a common problem or a common cause. You can call it a community work that is only done for the welfare of the country and the state.
It is the duty of social workers to bring about a positive change in their society. They work for the right of people and for their freedom and only work on the basis of selfishness. It is in the areas such as social policy and human development, the evaluation of programs and also international development, the development of the community where this field focuses mainly on their attention.
Mainly, these social workers are organized and distributed according to their local and national bodies, and are linked to different continental and international organizations as well.
Work in Social Work:
If you want to be in the field of social work, there are many professional associations to which you can choose. You can join any continental organization or you can connect to any of the semi-continental organizations. Then, at the international and national levels, organizations of regional scale are also made for social workers. Child and family social workers protect vulnerable children and support families in need of assistance. Social workers help people solve and cope with problems in their everyday lives. Clinical social workers also diagnose and treat mental, behavioral, and emotional issues.
These organizations mainly have social work tasks that have to do with medical help, which provide help in times of war. These organizations work for the welfare of the children and also for the well-being of the workforce.
- Social Workers in Administration, Policy and Research.
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers.
- Community Social Workers.
- Criminal Justice Social Workers.
- Gerontological Social Workers.
- Medical and Health Social Workers.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers.
- Military and Veterans Social Work.
Social Work Field Career Opportunities in Pakistan Scope Jobs Requirements Salary
Career Scope Social Work Field:
- If you will do some specialization work in the management an administrative fields then you can contribute for the volunteer work and can bring a change in the areas like community development, resource development and human development. These social workers can either work for the rural community or for the under-developed areas of urban community.
- You can work for the section of healthcare and medicine as a social worker. You can serve in the charitable hospitals or can work in the charitable clinical settings. You can be the part of promoting rallies linked to the promotion of healthcare and medicine.
- You can serve in other social work sub fields and they are family welfare and child welfare. You will act as one of the medical representative and will be managing free medical camps. You will spread awareness among the underdeveloped masses about contagious diseases.
- You can give your services during the time of war as well as crisis times. Suppose if any tragedy happens like the arrival of floods, earthquakes or any other sort of calamities, then these social workers are called upon on the first call!
Social Work supervisors rank seventh on the list of most meaningful occupations. Pursuing this career path can provide added job satisfaction and a sense of purpose for social workers while allowing them to do the most good for their clients and for their communities. Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) programs generally take four years to complete. If you attend a full-time Master of Social Work (MSW) program, it should take two years. Part-time programs are available for undergrads and graduate students.