Midwifery, Gynecology and Obstetrics Career Scope in Pakistan Jobs opportunities salary requirements guideline for admissions, courses, programs, training scheme and much more for choice and start career in Midwifery, Gynecology and Obstetrics field.
The main difference between doctors and midwives is that, while midwives are trained to deal with women who are having normal, uncomplicated, low-risk pregnancies, doctors are trained to handle any complications. Obstetrics or obstetrics is also a health science related to women. A midwife is a medical professional for health care, who deals with pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum care of the child and the mother. She guides women on issues related to sexual and reproductive health. It also guides pregnant women about the necessary precautions during pregnancy. She tries to solve all the problems related to pregnancy.
There is a high demand for skilled birth attendants in Pakistan. Thousands of women die every year in Pakistan due to healer midwives. All nurses must receive training in midwifery, as it will make them autonomous. It is one of the best recommended fields for women with tuition with science. It is a fact that more than 80 percent of births in Pakistan are home deliveries. Only five percent of women have access to qualified midwives of gynecologists.
This is the main cause of high rates of maternal mortality and morbidity in our country. There is a need to provide skilled and trained health care services for Pakistani women. Modern midwifery is not only a science, but also an art of providing professional services to a pregnant woman throughout the maternity cycle to ensure a normal pregnancy, a safe delivery and a normal puerperium. A national campaign is needed to attract girls to this rewarding field. Doctors at MBBS can specialize in gynecology and obstetrics, while nurses and women enrolled can become midwives. Specialization in gynecology and obstetrics is the best field of specialization recommended for women especially in Islamic countries such as Pakistan, as Muslim families do not like to consult male gynecologists.
Midwifery, Gynecology and Obstetrics Career Scope in Pakistan
Gynecology and obstetrics is also a branch of physiology and medicine. It’s about the reproductive system. Related diseases of women and girls. Obstetrics also addresses problems related to pregnancy, childbirth and the post-natal period. The specialization in gynecology and obstetrics has more scope than any other specialization in the field of medicine.
Nature of Work of Gynecologists & Midwives
- They guide the females during their pregnancy period about pre birth preventive measures.
- They guide the young girls about the natural changes in their body during the teenage.
- They guide the women about the problems and diseases related to reproductive organs.
- They guide the females about different safe and sound methods of family planning.
- They take care of mother and newly born child.
- They assist the surgeon during the childbirth through operation.
- They suggest balanced food and food supplements for females and pregnant women.
- They prepare the females for operation provide them post operation care.
Required Skills For Gynecologists & Midwives
- She should have good communication skills
- She should have good decision power in case of emergencies.
- She should have ability to work under pressure situations.
- She should have situation handling ability.
- She should be physically and mentally super fit.
- She should be able to work as a team member.
- Its a field for confident and courageous females only.
Jobs, Career & Scope of Gynecology, Midwifery & Obstetrics
- Private Practice
- Family Planning Advisor
- Lady Health Visitor/Consultant
- Private Hospitals
- Government Hospitals
- Private Clinics
- Midwifery Educator
- Midwifery Unit Manger
- Midwifery Researcher
Important Note for Midwifery Students
Intelligent midwives also get admission in DHMS or FTJ diploma courses as it enable them to prescribe homeopathic or herbal medicines for their patients. They may open their clinics legally as homeopathic doctor or doctor of traditional medicine.