Pharmacy Career Scope in Pakistan Requirements Opportunities Salary guideline for admissions, courses, experience programs, professional medication and income in choice of Pharmacy. Pharmacy is the science and technique of preparing and dispensing drugs. It is a health profession that links health sciences with chemical sciences and aims to ensure the safe and effective use of pharmaceutical drugs.
The profession of Pharmacy is all about preparing the medicine. It deals with the preparation, dispensing and appropriate usage of medication. A physician examines patients, and diagnoses the disease and a Pharmacist prepares the medicine for the cure of this disease. Pharmacists also monitor the health and progress of patients to ensure the safe and effective use of medication.
Increasingly, pharmacists are pursuing research work for pharmaceutical manufacturers, developing new drugs and testing their effects. Some work in marketing or sales, providing clients with expertise on the use, effectiveness, and possible side effects of drugs.
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry. Drug Design.
Other pharmacists work for the government, managed care organizations, public health care services, the armed services, or pharmacy associations. Finally, some pharmacists are employed full time or part time as college faculty, teaching classes and performing research in a wide range of areas.
Pharmacy Career Scope in Pakistan Requirements Opportunities Salary
Pharmacists work in clean, well-lighted, and well-ventilated areas. Many pharmacists spend most of their workday on their feet. When working with sterile or dangerous pharmaceutical products, pharmacists wear gloves, masks, and other protective equipment.
On a daily basis, many pharmacists dispense medications to patients in accordance with doctor’s orders and consult patients on medication usage and contraindications. Pharmacists communicate directly with physicians in order to correctly deliver medications.
- Prepare, mix, compound or dispense drugs and medicines, ointments, powder, pills, tablets and injections.
- Are concerned with production of medicines, development of the methods or processes of production and quality control.
- Are responsible for exact mixing of substances and supervising the whole production procedure in pharmaceutical industries. Their one mistake may even destroy all the reactants or raw material.
- Plan, monitor and evaluate drug programs or routines.
- Review prescriptions to assure accuracy, to determine the required ingredients, and to evaluate their precision.
- Assist physicians by explaining and informing about the drug interactions, reactions, side effects and precautions regarding the use of medicines
- Monitor the health and progress of patients to ensure the safe and effective use of medication.
- Prepare special formulations for medications of exceptional cases for which medicines are not available in the market,
- Those in research concern themselves with synthesis of new drugs, new processes, clinical testing of the effects of such drugs on animals and humans, and obtaining the required License from the drug control authorities.
Medicinal chemistry is also a distinct branch of synthetic chemistry combining pharmacology, organic chemistry, and chemical biology. Pharmacology is sometimes considered as the 4th discipline of pharmacy. Although pharmacology is essential to the study of pharmacy, it is not specific to pharmacy.