Pharmacy Career Scope in Pakistan Requirements Opportunities Salary guideline for admissions, courses, experience programs, professional medication and income in choice of Pharmacy. Pharmacy is the science and technique of preparing and dispensing drugs. It is a health profession that links health sciences with chemical sciences and aims to ensure the safe and effective use of pharmaceutical drugs.
The profession of Pharmacy is all about preparing the medicine. It deals with the preparation, dispensing and appropriate usage of medication. A physician examines patients, and diagnoses the disease and a Pharmacist prepares the medicine for the cure of this disease. Pharmacists also monitor the health and progress of patients to ensure the safe and effective use of medication.
Increasingly, pharmacists are pursuing research work for pharmaceutical manufacturers, developing new drugs and testing their effects. Some work in marketing or sales, providing clients with expertise on the use, effectiveness, and possible side effects of drugs.
What is Pharmacy, and what do these Pharmacists do?
The science and method of preparing, evaluating, and delivering extra healthcare services is known as pharmacy. Before giving drugs to patients in other countries, doctors check with chemists first. Pharmacists research chemical molecules that can elicit therapeutic effects in living creatures, including humans. Pharmacists can work in a variety of settings, including government health care, private health care, pharmaceutical corporations, and so on.
The most important component of this activity is researching the adverse effects of various medications. By doing extensive study on these medications, new pharmaceuticals with greater therapeutic results and fewer adverse effects than existing drugs are developed.
Pharmacy Career Scope in Pakistan 2023
Pharmacy Career Scope in Pakistan
There is no doubt that the scope of B Pharmacy in Pakistan is vast. You can quickly uncover the top job opportunities in both the public and private sectors, with attractive pay packages. There are several employment fields listed below where a B pharmacy degree holder may readily find work.
- Research Institutes
- Medical Stores
- Healthcare Insurance Companies
- Private Business
- Public Hospitals
- Private Hospitals
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Pharmaceutical Firms
- Teaching Institutes
Pharmacy Career Scope Salary In Pakistan:
It is true that a B Pharmacy degree holder earns well in Pakistan. There is a successful career in the field of pharmacy. Without a question, pharmacy occupations are well-paying. The remuneration in the field of pharmacy varies depending on the organisation and the position. The initial salary for a rookie B pharmacist is Rs 30,000 to 50,000, and after getting best practise and expertise in this sector, the B Pharmacist may make 9 to 12 lacks each month in Pakistan.
Pharmacy Career Scope Jobs In Pakistan:
A B Pharmacy degree holder may easily get employment in numerous public and commercial sectors in Pakistan. It provides up a plethora of opportunities for work in a variety of industries. Following your B.Pharm, you can work in one of the fields listed below.
- Drug Technician
- Health Inspector
- Bio-Technology Industries
- Patient Counselor
- Sales Manager
- Clinical Pharmacist
- Medical Writer
- Manager Marketing
- Medical Rep
Pharmacy Career Scope Subjects In Pakistan:
The following are the key core courses of B Pharmacy that are widely offered by most Pakistani institutions.
- Fundamentals of Pharmaceuticals
- Intro to Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Intro to Pharmacognosy
- Fundamentals of Computer Applications in Pharmacy
- Basic Mathematics
- Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Health Education
- Organic Chemistry
- Environmental Studies
- Hospital and Community Pharmacy
- Professional Ethics
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Medical Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms
- Electro Analytical and Separation Techniques
- Industrial Pharmacy
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Fundamentals of Biostatistics
- Herbal Formulation
- Biopharmaceutical and Pharmacokinetics
- Cyber Security
Universities Offering B Pharmacy In Pakistan:
In Pakistan, there are several good colleges that provide B Pharmacy. The following are the names of some of the universities:
- Quaid-e-Azam University (Islamabad)
- University of South Asia (Lahore)
- University of Central Punjab (Lahore)
- Superior University (Lahore)
- University of Lahore (Lahore)
- Ziauddin University (Karachi)
- Sarhad University (Peshawar)
- University of Faisalabad (Faisalabad)
- Hamdard University (Islamabad)
- Jinnah University for Women (Karachi)
- Dow University of Health Sciences (Karachi)
- The University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences (Lahore)
- University of Science and Technology (Kohat)
- Government College University (Faisalabad)
- Lahore College Women University (Lahore)
As a result, this concludes the Bachelors of Pharmacy B Pharmacy scope in Pakistan. I hope you are all up to date on the details of this course. However, if you have any more questions or would want to get an update, please leave them in the comments box below and we will respond as soon as possible.
Pharmacy Career Scope Admission Requirements
Other pharmacists work for the government, managed care organizations, public health care services, the armed services, or pharmacy associations. Finally, some pharmacists are employed full time or part time as college faculty, teaching classes and performing research in a wide range of areas.
Pharmacists work in clean, well-lighted, and well-ventilated areas. Many pharmacists spend most of their workday on their feet. When working with sterile or dangerous pharmaceutical products, pharmacists wear gloves, masks, and other protective equipment.
On a daily basis, many pharmacists dispense medications to patients in accordance with doctor’s orders and consult patients on medication usage and contraindications. Pharmacists communicate directly with physicians in order to correctly deliver medications.
- Prepare, mix, compound or dispense drugs and medicines, ointments, powder, pills, tablets and injections.
- Are concerned with production of medicines, development of the methods or processes of production and quality control.
- Are responsible for exact mixing of substances and supervising the whole production procedure in pharmaceutical industries. Their one mistake may even destroy all the reactants or raw material.
- Plan, monitor and evaluate drug programs or routines.
- Review prescriptions to assure accuracy, to determine the required ingredients, and to evaluate their precision.
- Assist physicians by explaining and informing about the drug interactions, reactions, side effects and precautions regarding the use of medicines
- Monitor the health and progress of patients to ensure the safe and effective use of medication.
- Prepare special formulations for medications of exceptional cases for which medicines are not available in the market,
- Those in research concern themselves with synthesis of new drugs, new processes, clinical testing of the effects of such drugs on animals and humans, and obtaining the required License from the drug control authorities.
Medicinal chemistry is also a distinct branch of synthetic chemistry combining pharmacology, organic chemistry, and chemical biology. Pharmacology is sometimes considered as the 4th discipline of pharmacy. Although pharmacology is essential to the study of pharmacy, it is not specific to pharmacy.