In this post, we are discussing the scope, career, jobs, required skills and employment areas of Radiation Therapists in Pakistan. Stop searching for career and ultimate scope of Radiation Therapist Specialist in Pakistan. If still, you are searching then here we have golden opportunity for almost every student who are fresh with their graduate.
Yes, you heard it right! By checking this web page blog post, you will be getting an insight into all the details related to the career and scope of Radiation Therapist in Pakistan. With the passage of time, this sector is becoming an important profession to think about for young boys and girls who aspire to enter this profession.
What is Radiation Therapists ?
Radiation therapy, also known as radiotherapy, is the use of specific radiation to safely and effectively treat various diseases and cancers. Radiation therapy also helps treat cancer and reduce the symptoms of certain diseases.
There are two types of radiation therapy beams; internal and external. Both are used to prevent, stop, or slow the growth of cancer cells. Radiation therapy works by damaging and stopping the genetic material inside cancer cells.
Radiation Therapists Jobs Career in Pakistan
Who is a Radiation Therapist?
A radiation therapist is a medical specialist who administers radiation to patients who have malignancy. Radiation oncologists are critical to an interdisciplinary group of oncologists, medical physicists, and oncology clinical supervisors who work together to design and control treatments and evaluate patients’ conditions.
Completion of a degree in Radiation Therapists
To become a radiation therapist, the first step is to complete a degree. But the important thing here is which university you choose for your bachelors. Let’s take a look at the top universities that offer Bachelors in Radiation Therapy.
09 Top Universities Offering Bachelor Radiation Therapists
Academic status varies from university to university. Choosing the best in town ensures the best placement in the job market too! Take a look at the top universities offering radiation therapy.
- King Edward Medical University / Mio Hospital – Lahore
- Khyber Medical University – Peshawar
- The University of Faisalabad – Faisalabad
- Ziauddin Medical University – Karachi
- The University of Lahore – Lahore
- Isra University – Hyderabad
- Sheikh Zayed Federal Postgraduate Medical Institute – Lahore
- Vertex College of Science and Technology – Islamabad
- NCS Education System – Peshawar
Eligibility Requirements to Become a Radiation Therapist
You need to score at least 60% marks in your FSC Pre-Medical. If you are doing A Levels, you must clear Biology, Chemistry and Physics with at least 50% marks. Moreover, you also have to clear the MDCAT entry test.
Admission requirements for Radiation Therapists
You need to clear the MDCAT entrance test to get yourself enrolled in the radiation therapy course. There is no merit-based admission in radiation therapy, however some universities have merit-based admission policies.
Radiation therapy course fee
Course fees vary from university to university. On an average, the cost of an annual university course for radiation therapy is around Rs 54,000 per month. Additionally, the cost of radiation therapy will also depend on whether the university is run by a public administration or a private organization.
Radiation therapy topic outline
- Radiation Therapy Course Essays
- Introduction to radiation therapy
- Biology of radiation therapy
- Physics of radiation
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Radiation protection procedures
- Patient care
- Medical imaging
- Operating radiation therapy equipment
- Human anatomy.
- Principles of radiation
- Administration of radiation therapy program
Duties of Radiation Therapist
- Position patients for treatment and deliver high doses of ionizing radiation as indicated.
- Keep accurate records of patient treatment
- Screen the patient to check for unexpected and unusual responses to treatment.
- Radiation therapy devices give prescribed doses of radiation to specific parts of the body.
- Explain procedures and strategies to the patient so that they are up-to-date throughout the procedure
Where does a radiation therapist work?
A radiation therapist works to:
- Physician’s office
- Outpatient centers
Scope of radiation therapy
If you choose radiation therapy, you may:
- Work as a dental hygienist.
- Work as a respiratory therapist.
- Work as a registered nurse.
- Work as a radiologic technologist.
- Work as an MRI technologist.
- Work as a Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Work as a Cardiovascular Assistant.
- Work as a diagnostic medical sonographer.
- Work as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist.
- Radiation Therapist Salary