Zoology Career Opportunities in Pakistan Scope Jobs Salary Requirements Education Review with guideline for admissions courses, professional experiencing programs training scheme and income details to choice and start career in Zoology field. Zoology is the scientific study of animals. This discipline can include animal anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, genetics, evolution, ecology, behavior and conservation.
Zoology is the study of animal life. It includes observing animals both in their natural habitats and in the laboratory. Zoologists study the origin and development of animal species, the habits and behavior of animals, and the interaction between animals and their environment. They also research the development of animal diseases. It includes the study of animals as varied as elephants, kangaroos, and killer sharks.
Nature of Work Foresters
- Study everything about animals, including their structure, interrelationships, physiology and genetics.
- Work on all aspects of animal life, studying both simple and complex processes.
- Investigate effects of environment on animals
- Organize and conduct experimental studies with live animals in controlled or natural surroundings.
- Oversee the care and distribution of zoo animals, working with curators and zoo directors to determine the best way to contain animals, maintain their habitats and manage facilities.
- Coordinate preventive programs to control the outbreak of wildlife diseases.
- Those working in zoos, are responsible for acquiring animals for zoos through breeding, purchasing from other zoos, or very occasionally from their natural habitat,
- Animal and Wildlife Educators work in sanctuaries, museums or aquariums, the educator produce materials that help visitors to understand the wildlife.
- Wildlife Rehabilitators care for ill or injured wild animals and then discharge them off to the forests.
- Animal Behaviorists coach zoo employees to interact with and successfully care for animals.
Zoology Career Opportunities in Pakistan Scope Jobs Salary Requirements
As with other disciplines, zoologists work outdoors in the field and in laboratories using a wide variety of scientific equipment. Some zoologists conduct field research in remote areas and harsh climates, which can involve strenuous physical activity and primitive living conditions.
The working conditions of zoologists vary widely. Some zoologists spend much of their time in clean, well-lighted, well-equipped laboratories
. Others work outdoors, observing wildlife and perhaps making do with improvised equipment. Many zoologists spend some of their time in offices and classrooms. Their working hours are generally flexible. Zoology or animal biology is the branch of biology that studies the animal kingdom, including the structure, embryology, evolution, classification, habits, and distribution of all animals, both living and extinct, and how they interact with their ecosystems.
Some zoologists study the animals as a whole, while some work on the specific parts of an organ. For example, a zoologist might examine the overall structure of a cat or just the microscopic cells in its brain. Some may study the life functions of a single animal, such as an insect while some study the behavior of whole colonies of insects, birds, or families of lions.
MS/ M.Phill (if BS/M.Sc.)
Zoology is a very broad field; zoologists study subjects ranging from single-celled organisms to the behavior of groups of animals. Some zoologists study the biology of a particular animal, others study the structure and function of the bodies of animals.