Forestry Career Opportunities in Pakistan Scope Jobs Requirements guideline for courses, admissions, with complete future procedure of income and much more. Forestry is the science, art and practice of understanding, managing and using wisely the natural resources associated with, and derived from forest lands. These resources include timber, water, fish, wildlife, soil, plants, and recreation.
Forests form part of the vital natural resources of a country. They are home to the most amazing herbs, medicinal compounds, natural cosmetics etc. These supply wood products, livestock, minerals and water. Forestry is the science of managing forests, tree plantations and natural resources associated with and derived from forest lands.
Nature of Work
- Oversee forests and direct activities on these for economic, recreational, conservational and environmental purposes.
- Prepare plan to keep the forests free from disease, harmful insects, damaging wildfires.
- Draw up plans to regenerate forested lands, monitor their progress and supervise harvests.
- Select and prepare sites for the plantation of new trees, using controlled burning, bulldozers, or herbicides to clear weeds and brush.
- Determine methods of cutting and removing timber with minimum waste and environmental damage.
- Analyze effect of forest conditions on tree growth rates, tree species prevalence, yield, life duration, seed production, growth viability and germination of different species.
- Monitor the sapling to ensure healthy growth and to determine the best time for harvesting.
- Plan and manage all these activities while ensuring the conservation wildlife habitats within forests, maintaining water quality and soil stability while conforming to environmental regulations.
- Wildlife management
- Soil conservation
- Urban forestry
- Forest economics
Forestry Career Opportunities in Pakistan Scope Jobs Requirements
Forestry is the science and craft of creating, managing, using, conserving, and repairing forests, woodlands, and associated resources to meet desired goals, needs, and values for human and environment benefits. Forestry is practiced in plantations and natural stands.