Medicine is the art of healing the diseases and injuries and restoring the physical and mental health of individuals through scientific methodology. The field of medicine is not all about the cure of various diseases but it also involves public health and prevention from diseases using precautionary measures. Medicine also helps to diagnose and reform the experiences and feelings of human beings in often unusual moments of fear, anxiety, and doubt.A doctor’s profession involves a lot of hard work and at the same time, it gives the satisfaction of curing patients and at times even saving lives. It is a very demanding profession. To be in this profession is more a responsibility than a privilege. It is more of what you can give the community than what you can get from it.
Nature of Work
The doctors are considered to be super humans. Being a doctor you need to put behind all of your necessities, including food, in front of your duty. Patients are more important to a doctor than his own family. Sometimes a doctor has to work for 12 hours a day or even more than that.
Medical doctors are divided into two main categories:
- Examine and treat patients without operating on them.
- Establish a diagnosis with the help of signs and symptoms of patients and prescribe medicine accordingly.
- Counsel patients on diet, hygiene and preventive health care.
- Examine the patient to determine the extent and nature of injury.
- Treat or heal injuries and diseases through operations.
- Rectify physical irregularities
- Repairs bone and tissue after injuries
- Suggest on and provide post operative care.
Medicine Career Opportunities in Pakistan Scope Jobs Salary Requirements
The increasing complicated lifestyles and continuous research efforts put by the researchers has resulted in the emergence of different specialties in the field of medicine. Different specialists of the respective fields take care of patients efficiently due to their mastery in that area resulting in better cure of diseases. A specialized degree (FCPS, MS or MD) in the following areas requires a 4-5 years study and training program after the successful completion of MBBS and House job.
- General Practitioner or Physician
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Internal Medicine
- Surgery etc…
Medicine is the science and practice of the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. If you have any better suggestion then mention in comments below.