Chemistry and Materials Science Career Scope in Pakistan Opportunities Jobs Salary requirements details with admissions, courses details guide get here at from. The central theory behind materials science involves relating the microstructure of a material to its macromolecular physical and chemical properties. Materials scientists are employed by companies who make products from metals, ceramics, and rubber.
Everything in the universe, whether natural or artificial, is composed of chemicals. Chemistry deals with chemical composition of elements, mixtures and compounds. It also governs the laws by which different substances mix or react with each to form other substances. Applications of chemistry include development of thousands of products such as fertilizers, medicines, improved oil refining, glass and petrochemical processing that saves energy.
Applications of materials science include studies of superconducting materials, graphite materials, integrated-circuit chips, and fuel cells. Research on the chemistry of living things spurs advances in medicine, agriculture, food processing, and other fields.
Chemistry involves the investigation of physical and chemical properties, composition, and structure of matter and the laws that govern the combination of elements and compounds and reactions of substances with each other. The use of computers to analyze complex chemical structure especially those of organic compounds is increasing day by day.
Chemistry and Materials Science Career Scope in Pakistan
Nature of the work
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative chemical analyses or chemical experiments in laboratories for quality or process control or to develop new products or knowledge.
- Analyze organic and inorganic compounds to determine chemical and physical properties, composition, structure, relationships, and reactions
- Many work with life scientists to form new drugs.
- Work in production and quality control departments in chemical manufacturing plants and in pharmaceutical companies to ensure the quality of the product
- Monitor automated processes to ensure proper product yield and test samples of raw materials or products to ensure that they meet industry and government standards.
- Maintain laboratory instruments to ensure proper working order and troubleshoot malfunctions when needed.
- Develop, improve, and customize products, equipment, formulas, processes, and analytical methods.
- Direct, coordinate, and advise personnel in test procedures for analyzing components and physical properties of materials.
- Analyze test information to determine efficiency of the process and to diagnose malfunctions.
- Induce changes in composition of substances by introducing heat, light, energy, and chemical catalysts for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
MS/ M.Phill (if BS/M.Sc.)
Chemists may specialize in a specific reaction or may study a specific type of materials. Analytical chemists determine the composition, structure, and nature of compounds by examining and identifying their various elements. These chemists are extremely essential part of the pharmaceutical industry. Organic chemists work with the chemistry of huge number of carbon compounds that make up all living things.
Organic chemists synthesize elements or compounds to create new compounds or substances like drugs and plastics. Inorganic chemists work with compounds consisting mainly of elements other than carbon. Physical chemists study the physical characteristics of atoms and molecules and properties of matter and investigate how chemical reactions take place.