PhD Courses in Pakistan Jobs Career & Scope Degrees Subjects Literature Career Opportunities Requirements salary special courses guideline for Man, Woman, (Male, Female) along with test pattern selection procedure qualification complete information to start and choice PhD or Doctor of Philosophy Degree career in Pakistan for better future in Life. PhD or Doctor of Philosophy is the most demanded degree in a fields of studies. Its a research based degree program and a student of PhD contributes his share in the existing knowledge of his field of studies. Students have to write a thesis in PhD. Its a best options for those students who want to become the part of academia or any research institute.
PhD degree holder is considered a scholar and authority in his field. PhD scholars are respected all over the world. Its not a program for those students, who do not have keen interest in their subject and research. If you have thirst to excel in your field then go for PhD. PhD degree is offered in almost all subjects of Science and humanities. MPhil means “Master of Philosophy” and PhD means “Doctor of Philosophy”. Both the degrees are research based and can be opted after the master’s degree has been completed. The study structure is almost same in both MPhil and PhD course but still there are some difference between the both.
HEC offers many study abroad scholarships to brilliant students for PhD. If you have good previous academic record then do apply of HEC scholarships for PhD. Although some universities offer PhD degree through distance learning but distance learning PhD degree is rated low than full time PhD, yet students who can not attend regular classes can chose this option. We are receiving offers from some online universities for becoming their partner for PhD degree, after investigation we came to know that all such universities are fake and they are selling Phd degrees just for sake of money, so beware of such bogus universities.
Both full time and part time students can pursue for PhD degree. Part time students are basically the employed persons who want to get PhD degree for their promotion or increase in salary. Many students think that PhD is the end of knowledge but in my personal opinion PhD is not the end, it is the beginning in real knowledge i.e research based knowledge. You learn the research techniques, which enable you to travel on the road of discoveries.
A PhD scholar learns in his whole life. He prepares many more scholars and serve the humanity by guiding the new researcher as a supervisor in universities. Medium of instruction in Ph.D is English except except Faculty of Islamic studies and Oriental languages. Duration of Ph.d degree varies from 3 to 5 years. We have written a detailed article on PhD dissertation help, you must read it, Soon we shall write more articles on Ph.D dissertation help.
PhD Courses in Pakistan Jobs Career & Scope Degrees Subjects
HEC Minimum Quality Criteria for M. Phil/Ph.D Level Studies in Pakistani Universities/ Degree Awarding Institutions
- Sixteen years of schooling or 4 year education after F.A. /F.Sc. (130 credit
hours) will be compulsory for admission in MPhil/MS Programme leading to PhD.
- A test equivalent to GRE test will be necessary for admission to MPhil/MS leading to Ph.D.
- Before moving into the Ph.D program, candidates will need to complete 30 credit hours out of which 24 credit hours will be reserved for course work, which may lead to the award of MPhil/MS/Equivalent Degree.
- The minimum CGPA should be 3.00 or First Division in MS /MPhil/Equivalent Degree for admission into Ph.D.
- In addition, the candidates must pass subject GRE (International) test for admission in Ph.D
- Additional Ph.D level course work of at least 18 credit hours followed by a Comprehensive Examination along with thesis defense will be essential for the award of Ph.D degree.
- Ph.D dissertation must be evaluated by at least two experts from technologically advanced countries.
- Acceptance/publication of at least one research paper in an HEC approved journal is essential for the award of Ph.D degree.
- The Maximum number of Ph.D students under the supervision of one Ph.D supervisor will be eight at a time.
Career & Scope
Doctor of Philosophy degree holders are given preference on other candidates in all jobs related to their field. They can get job in foreign countries too. They can easily get Skilled immigration of USA, UK,Australia,New Zealand or any other developed country.But we hope that you will prefer to serve your country.
- International Journals
- Research Institutes
- Higher Education Department
- Print Media
- Electronic Media
- Industry related to their field
- Consultancy firms
- Book Publishers
- PhD Supervisor
- Book Writer
Since an MPhil degree does not require a dissertation; students are not required to submit a research proposal for the same. … However, the university will look into your research interest during screening. Also, as in PhD, it helps to have majored in the same subject as you wish to pursue your MPhil in.In addition to various degrees which may be considered equivalent to a PhD, there are also some ‘higher doctorate’ courses considered to be a step above the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). These are most common in UK universities and in some European countries, although they are increasingly awarded as honorary degrees.