Dental Hygiene Career Scope in Pakistan Opportunities Jobs Salary Requirements features with admissions, courses guide and income best sources in your best lifestyle completed. Dental hygienists clean teeth, examine patients for signs of oral diseases such as gingivitis, and provide other preventive dental care. They also educate patients on ways to improve and maintain good oral health.
Most dental diseases are preventable. This indicates that the main concept of dentistry could be changed to a situation in which the dental hygienist becomes the principal oral care professional. The competencies of dental hygienists focus on disease prevention and oral health promotion; thus referral to a dentist would only become necessary in the event of a failure in the preventive program where disease cannot be controlled.
Dental hygienists are uniquely qualified and specially trained to work with the dentist, focusing on periodontal health by monitoring oral hygiene practices and assisting the patient to develop a home care plan to maintain their oral health. Hygienist is specially trained to carry out scaling and polishing and is also expert at teaching patients how to look after their teeth and gums.
The focus on prevention and health promotion makes the dental hygienist a very important person in the dental team of the future Dental hygienists are a valuable asset in a dental practice. In addition to Performing technical duties, they play an important role in teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene techniques and counseling them regarding good nutrition and its impact on the oral health.
Dental Hygiene Career Scope in Pakistan Opportunities Jobs Salary Requirements
Due to their education and clinical training in a highly skilled discipline, dental hygienists are respected as valued members of the dental health team. Test results and develop a treatment plan. They administer drugs to patients to aid in the treatment of vision problems. They care for patients before and after surgeries such as laser vision correction and cataract removal.
There are many employment opportunities in the field of dental hygiene, since many dentists employ one or more dental hygienists.
- Dental hygienists are in demand in general dental practices, as well as in specialty practices such as periodontics or pediatric dentistry.
- Dental hygienists may also be employed to provide dental hygiene services for patients in hospitals, nursing homes and public health clinics.
- Depending upon the level of education and experience achieved, dental hygienists can also apply their skills and knowledge to other career activities such as teaching dental hygiene students in dental schools and dental hygiene education programs.
- Research, office management and business administration are other career options.
Dental Hygienist Jobs
- Regional Dental Hygienist
- Pedo Dental Hygienist
- Dental Hygienist
Duties of Dental Hygienists
Dental hygienists typically do the following:
- Remove tartar, stains, and plaque from teeth
- Apply sealants and fluorides to help protect teeth
- Take and develop dental x rays
- Assess patients’ oral health and report findings to dentists
- Document patient care and treatment plans
- Educate patients about oral hygiene techniques, such as how to brush and floss correctly
Additionally, employment opportunities may be available with companies that market dental-related materials and equipment.